5.28.2014

Work to Play - Modcloth

Modcloth reached out to a group of fashion bloggers and yours truly with a challenge. We were provided an article of clothing to build an ensemble around it using other pieces from their site.
The first challenge was this colour block dress that entails a Peter Pan collar. Incase you haven't heard, the Peter Pan collar trend has been around for awhile now. Yes, it's socially acceptable for everyone, even the girls over the age of 6 to wear them out.  If you also look in Pinterest, everyone is showing their own version of DIYs.

There's something retro and feminine about this collar dress that they chose. I wanted a girly chic look so I went for softer accessories. I found the perfect shoes to match the colour block dress and just accentuated everything with gold accessories. I chose dainty earrings as I wanted to wear this gold beaded headband. I kept the necklace bare as I didn't want anything to distract from the collar. Lastly, I had to add a soft pastel coat because you just never know with Edmonton weather.

What do you guys think? How would you style this dress? You can also share your own version with this outfit through Polyvore. Also, if you want to see more dresses like this, make sure to check out Modcloth (here) for more!Work to Play Dress

Navy blue dress, 60 CAD / Trench coat, 110 CAD / Wedding shoes, 38 CAD / Black purse, 54 CAD / Gold bracelet, 14 CAD / Olivia Burton gold jewelry, 125 CAD / Stud earrings, 13 CAD / Headband hair accessory, 49 CAD

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!