7.18.2014

Summer Beauty Essentials


1. It's always been the nudes and pale pinks for me when it comes to lipsticks, but for the summer, I've been loving bold lips. I think I've found the perfect shade of orange for my skin tone and it's from  Mac Lipstick in Sushi Kiss.


2. There's nothing more that I hate than heavy foundation in humid high heat weather. I can't stand the feeling and there's definitely nothing cute about it. I have always been a big fan of the original Bare Minerals Foundation even during the winter. If you are looking for more coverage, this foundation is definitely buildable in my opinion. Also, I do want to add that I've tried the matte version and I'm not a fan.

3. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush - Captivating has been my go to blush for the summer. I think I purchased this on a whim during a shopping trip to Sephora. The packing is adorable and it was probably the main reason why I got it in the first place. They match the shade of the blush! They claim to be a long wearing, fade free blush which appealed to me as well. I don't know about 12 Hours as I don't tend to wear make up for that long anyway. The only way I can describe the texture is that it's hard, and when applied to the cheeks, it feels like you're applying a stain. I will definitely be trying out other shades!

4. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish  (Global Glow) has always been a favourite of mine. I can sweep them on top of the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush and it'll look like I just baked in the sun. Who doesn't love a highlight?

5. I should have started wearing sunscreen at an earlier age but not until recently has it been a part of my skincare routine. Kiehls Sunscreen SPF 50 is the one I'm currently using. It's the first sunscreen I've tried that hasn't broken me out and a little goes a long way.  
 
6. Mascara and the orange lipstick is the perfect combo for the summer. The Loreal Telescopic mascara was recommended to me by my dear sister. I always trust her opinion when it comes to make up! She told me this mascara would make any eyelashes super long and thick so ofcourse I went ahead with the purchase. This exceeded my expectations! I am not even joking when I say that it elongates even my short lashes.
 
What's your go to summer beauty essentials? 

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!